6.03.2009

"Depressed? Of course we're all depressed.

. . . We've been so quickly, violently, and irreconcilably plucked from nature, from physical labor, from kinship and village mentality, from every natural and primordial anti-depressant. The further society "progresses," the grander the scale of imbalance. Just as fluoride is put in water to prevent dental caries, we'll soon find government mandating Prozac in our water to prevent mental caries." -M. Robin D'Antan
I'm thankful for:
  1. running 5k in 29 minutes this morning!
  2. seeing quail, rabbits, jackrabbits and other little critters to start my day
  3. making plans for the zoo tomorrow
  4. getting some things done around here
  5. the kids having some nice playtime together
  6. cooking pork chops for the first time ever
  7. 3 out of 4 liking the pork chops
  8. the kids silly antics in the pool tonight
  9. being humbled. I never thought I'd have these issues and my pride has gotten in the way of me getting help. Now I have the opportunity to stop relying on myself to solve all my problems.
  10. confidence that God is going to use these experiences not just to grow me but so that I may minister to other people having these same issues once I get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment