4.30.2009

"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living.

. . . We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today." -Dale Carnegie
I'm thankful for:
  1. oh my goodness! Thomas finally slept during naptime without me rocking him, without waking after 30 minutes, without screaming and getting his mitts off. It is truly a miracle!
  2. Shea being so kind as to move our light fixture for us because we asked but not because it was put in incorrectly
  3. my precocious little girl! Clara made a loud noise today and said "that's obnoxious!"
  4. mowing the lawn. Because it needed it, because it gave me some quiet time to myself, because I enjoyed the physical labor
  5. putting toys in Thomas' crib with him. He didn't sleep this afternoon, but at least he didn't scream the whole time
  6. Thomas being so happy in spite of not sleeping
  7. recognizing before it happened that Christian was taking the golf club for the sole purpose of hitting Clara
  8. the sheer joy on the kids faces when they were playing in the pool
  9. good conversations with friends
  10. the knowledge that this crazy life is just a season and we will get through it and it wont last forever

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that even if I don't comment, I read these every day and they are so nice to read. Thank you!

    ps - I wish I could join your tea parties! That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I'm doing this mostly for the benefit of myself and my family, it brings me joy to know people are reading it and hopefully encouraged to keep a thankful heart as well.

    Thanks Cat!

    ReplyDelete