5.22.2009

"He who is allowed to do as he likes will soon . . .

. . . run his head into a brick wall out of sheer frustration." -Robert Musil, The Man without Qualities, 1930
I'm thankful for:
  1. parenting books that can guide me in the right direction
  2. a desire to get to the hearts of my children rather than train them to behave well out of fear
  3. the joy the kids had at the rain, coming into my room this morning saying "Mom! There's going to be a rainbow!!"
  4. going to the library and getting some books to read
  5. laying Thomas down for a nap with minimal fussing and no socks on his hands (I don't think they're very effective any more - he can get even the tightest ones off within minutes)
  6. reading books on the couch with the kids
  7. Christian loving to play with Thomas
  8. Thomas first time waving
  9. playing games with the kids
  10. Jeff coming home later tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment