3.29.2009

What a blessing to be able to find 10 things to be thankful for . . .

. . . even when our long but fun day ended with Christian throwing up in the car. Typically I keep the list going all day long, but we were gone all day today and so I write this in retrospect. It was truly a good day, with the exception of the ending - it took me no time to look back and think of ways to be thankful.
I'm thankful for:
  1. our weekly pancake breakfast to celebrate the Lord's day
  2. Clara being a good girl at church and sitting so nicely
  3. going to see Emily Pyles and sharing the joy of her arrival with Bill & Amanda
  4. our renters. They are terrific!
  5. Clara catching a little nap in Jeff's arms
  6. hearing that the blog has inspired others to find what to be thankful for each day
  7. celebrating Scott's 40th birthday! Yayy Scott!!!
  8. being able to see Jeff's family. How blessed I am to have great in-laws to share our family with
  9. Karen snuggling with Thomas and getting food together for Clara. She has such a generous heart
  10. that Jeff was with me when Christian threw up in the car. I feel terrible that he had to clean up his work car late at night knowing how much work he had to do, but how much it saved me to not have to worry about getting children cleaned and to bed as well as worrying about a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment