3.01.2009

Even in a week like this one . . .

. . . I can still find a lot to be thankful for in my day. Frankly, I hit the wall today and broke down several times in sadness over trying to handle this crazy sick house, but amidst that I could see God working to use that to turn my focus on Him rather than myself.
I'm thankful for:
  1. waking up with just a low fever this morning!
  2. taking a shower and feeling squeaky clean
  3. getting my computer closer to it's original state
  4. Dhondi's diligent work on getting my computer fixed for me
  5. putting Clara back in the pac-n-play at bedtime. One conflict resolved . . . for now.
  6. Kathy taking the kids to the soccer park - and Christian's happy dance to be able to get out of the house!
  7. seeing so obviously that Thomas is allergic to something new
  8. clean(er) children
  9. Jeff being in town most of this week
  10. being humbled in my sadness today remembering that the sacrifices I make for my family pale in comparison to the sacrifice Jesus made in dying on the cross
In the midst of finding things to be thankful for yourself, would you please pray for our family? I covet your prayers for sweet Thomas who has been writhing in itchiness, for Christian who has gone 5 days with a fever and for me who has also gone 5 days with a fever and now has a nasty throat infection, and probably sinus, eye and ear infection and had to stop taking my antibiotics because Thomas is clearly allergic. May I be able to be a selfless, caring and nurturing mommy even when I want to just crawl into bed and avoid my responsibilities. Praise God that Clara went through this last week - may she not get it again. Finally, for Jeff, who works so hard - that he would not get this nasty bug.

1 comment:

  1. Esther, experiencing your strengh and love as a mom by reading your blogs, has been very encouraging to me, as I am now a new mom myself. My heart goes with you I will be praying for you! Love you
    Another mom
    Blanca

    ReplyDelete