2.12.2009

I am so pleased with . . .

. . . the progress I'm seeing in my life. I spend so much of my day appreciating moments I wouldn't have been able to before. My life no longer seems filled with frustrations but instead feels remarkable in all the little things I notice throughout the day (well, at least until I hit the wall when it's time to get ready for bed).
I'm thankful for:
  1. a few challenging days regarding my kids behavior because it's shown me that I can keep my temper in check and discipline at the same time
  2. Clara getting up so early recently because I've been able to exercise 3 days in a row
  3. Thomas not having hives for a whole week, even if we do have a new crop today. At least he had some relief for a time.
  4. Christian and Clara playing so nicely in room time today
  5. Clara doing a good job cleaning up toys
  6. Thomas recovering quickly from his hives
  7. Christian giving a little girl at preschool a hug (this is a huge feat for my child with personal space issues)
  8. being able to eat those little Valentine's candy hearts in spite of my crazy diet restrictions
  9. Thomas finding his feet
  10. Jeff being able to get some rest staying overnight in LA tonight instead of the crazy 5 hour drive home
On a side note, here's one of the little "remarkable" things I encountered today. On the drive to pick Christian up from preschool Clara told me she needed money (did I mention, she just turned 2 in December?). I asked why she needed money. She told me she needed it to buy something. I asked what she needed to buy. Apparently a fork. She thought she needed to buy a fork to eat her snack in the car. What an amazing gift from God my children are!

No comments:

Post a Comment