10.01.2009

"As people spin faster and faster in the pursuit of merely personal happiness . . .

. . . they become exhausted in the futile effort of chasing themselves." -Andrew Delbanco
I'm thankful for:
  1. finding that I no longer resent that I am the one who has to take the trash out each time
  2. learning for certain that Thomas is allergic to soy
  3. the weather finally cooling down a little
  4. my Mom coming out here last week. I don't think I loaded the dishwasher once!
  5. a great trip to San Diego . . . seeing the joy on their faces as they watched Shamu jump out of the water, Jeff helping them overcome the fear of the ocean, seeing family I hadn't seen for years, . . . I could keep going!
  6. getting back into an early morning rhythm so I can have some personal quiet time before starting the day
  7. Christian and Clara playing nicely together
  8. not totally losing my mind at my children in spite of the exhausting schedule we've been keeping
  9. hope that I will be able to conquer everything I need to with the kids, the house, the schoolwork, etc as I get into the rhythm
  10. a quiet moment to reflect on thankfulness while the kids play outside

No comments:

Post a Comment